Full course description
NOTE: You will have full access to this course until November 7th, 2021.
This course will provide an organized approach to care and challenges that are faced by nursing staff. The most up to date and evidence-based information on communication, nursing, medical and surgical interventions, along with tools to support the impact of care, will be delivered by experts specializing in Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Upon completion of this virtual course offering, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate and discuss the steps that occur during an awake craniotomy with mapping
- Identify the importance of the voice of nursing in addressing effective and sustainable decisions in health care
- Understand the impact stress has on decision making and quality of patient care
- Describe the comprehensive approach to recognition, diagnosis, and therapy of neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Discuss three major advancements that have improved the care of neuroscience patients in the past century
- Identify complications that can occur when a patient has pituitary surgery, along with the nurses role in identifying and preventing them
- Discuss major advances that have decreased neuroscience patient mortality and morbidity
- Identify current state of Endovascular stroke treatment
- Understand how clear communication efforts can provide a sense of control for patients and their families
- Address conventional and newer generation techniques with aneurysm procedures
- Address management options and interventions in the Spinal Cord Injury Population